Help me decide between 2 monitors

lamerstein

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hello there. I need some help deciding between 2 monitors, mainly for gaming. They will be paired with rx480 (or 470) card.

LG 29UM68-P - 29 inch ultrawide plank.
(+) Ultrawide - more immersive, IPS, also good for work,Cheaper - can get it for 270 euro.
(-) Only 75 Hz max. Freesync range only 40-75 Hz. Not enough for LFC (low framerate compensation) to work, unless I overclock it. Which is not guaranteed to work.

Acer XZ271 - 27 inch curved plank.
(+) 144 Hz, Curved, Freesync range of 48-144 Hz. Works with LFC out of the box. Better stand allowing adjustments, better I/O ports.
(-) VA panel - but they are almost as good as IPS, price is a bit higher - 330 euros

Basically I'm asking myself, do I want more immersive expirience with Ultrawide but sacrificing Hz and freesync range or should I go for 144Hz, better freesync and those sexy curves.

Also - did someone have experience tweaking 29UM68-P. I've seen reports of people setting the freesync range to 32-80 Hz, thus allowing the LFC to work.

Help please ?

Va would be a + to me, it's better than ips for many uses especially gaming. This panel has over 100% srgb coverage and the lg says over 99% so maybe not as good. Ips is not always better color and what other advantage could there be? Ips glow would kill the gaming experience in anything dark. But I'm not a fan of 27" 1080p and wouldn't get either monitor.