BSOD Help Please

crunchtime

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Hello Guys,

First time post so, apologies for any mistakes.

- So, for a while now, I've been getting the BSOD with the typical "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" on my Windows 10 desktop. After struggling with privilege issues I have the .dmp file for the crash. I'm just not exactly sure how to read it, and could really use some guidance/assistance. Please let me know if the format is fine, and if you are able to read it. Also, I wanted to add, I am using the BSOD viewer application I have the following two items highlighted (in red): "ntoskrnl.exe" AND "nvlddmkm.sys". I looked these up and got a RAM issue and NVIDIA driver issue? I updated my drivers to the latest, hope that fixes that issue, but not sure about the RAM, maybe needs replacing?

- Just for clarification: I used windows debug tool to open the .dmp file (kept getting access is denied), and since I'm not sure how to read it, I'm not sure if the information you would need is there; if any issues arise, please let me know, and I will try my best to get the proper file on here.

Thank you very much!

The .dmp file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ExoR1UJeQdV084a1pfSEFkWlk

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
easiest way to read/upload the dump files is to copy them to your documents first, then you will have permission to read them.

I can't read them myself, just thought I offer that hint :)

ntoskrnl isn't ram, it is the heart of win 10. It stands for new technology operating system kernel. It normally gets the blame for other drivers actions.

you can try this for the nvidia error: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

crunchtime

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

Hello, Thanks for the help!

So, I did as you advised and copied the .dmp file to the documents location and I was able to open the file, BUT, it was encrypted I had this same issue trying the open the .dmp file thought the command prompt (admin). Is there any thing I can do about the kernel issue? maybe reinstall Win. 10 or something, thanks in advance for any advice.

crunchtime

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

here is what the file looks like opened from documents:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ExoR1UJeQdazhZZjBtRzFpTDg

crunchtime

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

Ok I ran whocrashed and here is the analysis:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 8/13/2016 4:54:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: corm45.sys (CORM45+0x1ABE)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000047, 0xFFFFF8034FAA0DE4, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\corm45.sys
company:
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: corm45.sys ( ).
Google query: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Thanks again for the help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

crunchtime

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

I do! (Raptor m45). The weird thing is on Corsair's Website the latest driver is 1.0.0.4 and in Windows Device Manager when I look at the driver for the mouse it remains 1.0.0.0 even after I JUST downloaded and installed the latest driver from the corsair site. Should I just uninstall the driver from Device Manager?