Strange display issues after laptop is woken from sleep mode

TheCPH

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Hey everyone,
I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL552 from Best Buy and for the first and second time just today I've encountered an issue where if the laptop is left idle and enters sleep mode, the display gets extremely wacky. It almost appears that only the dominant color that the RGB pixels are supposed to display show through. (i.e. something with mostly green is PURELY green, anything with mostly blue is PURELY blue, etc.) The majority of the display turns red with small blue splotches sprinkled throughout, but returns to normal any time something moves on the screen, be it the mouse or even the news section of the Windows 10 Start menu. I restarted it the first time it happened as that's the only way to temporarily return the display to normal however when left idle the same issue occurred. Graphics drivers are up to date both for the Intel 530 integrated graphics and the GTX 960M chip. I'm really at a loss here, shelling out $1070 for a laptop and having issues within two weeks is pretty frustrating.

My specs are:
Windows 10
Intel i7 6700HQ
nVidia GTX960M
16GBs DDR4

All suggestions are welcome, I'll probably reinstall drivers later tonight and see if that fixes things. I know its software related and not something like a loose video cable because it only happens under the above circumstances.Thanks for the read!