MSVCR100.dll file missing

Yankeelady

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Only after the update of Win 10 Anniversary, I get a dialog box on the desktop that says that the program can't start because the MSVCR100.dll file missing. Please reload the program. When I go to Microsoft.com and try to download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 it comes back saying I have the latest program on my laptop. What next? Thanking you in advance.

I have an ASUS 64bit/64 processor with win 10 - laptop

Solution
Do you get this error when you boot into Windows or when you try to launch a certain app? You might try uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ and then reinstalling. If you still get the error, it may be that the files is also located in a certain app and you will have to copy it from the System32 folder to the program's directory.
Do you get this error when you boot into Windows or when you try to launch a certain app? You might try uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ and then reinstalling. If you still get the error, it may be that the files is also located in a certain app and you will have to copy it from the System32 folder to the program's directory.

Solution

Yankeelady

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Yankeelady

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I only get the dialog box when I boot up my laptop to the desktop using win 10. I will uninstall and reinstall MS Visual C++ and see if that works. I will post back here the results. Thank you.