I have reserved windows 10 since ages and didnt looked back to install as i wasn't using the home laptop much, now when i down

Kunal_13

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I have reserved windows 10 since ages and didnt looked back to install as i wasn't using the home laptop much, now when i download it using 'Media Creation Tool' and it will ask for key, will my key of previous Windows 7 be accepted? I read it somewhere it won't.
So if it doesn't work that way what is the alternative?

Kunal_13

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Even though I have reserved it earlier??

Kunal_13

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

I m trying that right now...will update you...

If you read the instructions, it's pretty clear about you needing to UPGRADE by July 29th. The "reservation" simply meant the files would be uploaded to your computer when available, and had nothing to do with the actual upgrade

Kunal_13

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

I m still trying trying to download that, it stucks after 98% or 99%, just wanted to ask, given if that installs successfully, will it be same as normal OS? because truth is I dont use assistive technologies

The assistive technologies upgrade is for people who NEED those technologies, not asses that want a loophole. By violating the terms you are going to screw over people who actually need it (since MS will stop offering it)

This upgrade option is for people, who use assistive technologies (not necessary for disabled people).
And those terms are so vague, I'm not sure it's even possible to violate them.

Why do you think Microsoft made this "loophole"? Not because they care about some specific group of people. They want you to upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS