Monitor Resolution Problem

StevenVel

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
Hi, I recently bought a monitor. To be more specific; AOC E2070SW 20" (19.5") LED Monitor(http://www.3way-tech.com/product_info.php?products_id=1613) and it promised a native/recommended resolution of 1600x900p but currently is displaying 1366x768p. I wanted to change it although the highest option I have in terms of resolution is the 768p.

I'm kind of annoyed right now knowing I threw away my money having bought this monitor which was supposed to be an upgrade from my old tv/monitor which practically had 768p as a native resolution. So it's no upgrade at all if this new monitor stays at 768p. Please help, I'm not really that much of tech guy. Thanks in advance!

Solution
uninstall the video drivers...reboot and install them. if the same size show up again look for display size in the nvidia control panel there a check box to show all display size and not hide them. also does windows find your display right if it set it up as a generic monitor that all the size that gen monitor can support. if your using onboard video make sure you have the newest video driver installed.
uninstall the video drivers...reboot and install them. if the same size show up again look for display size in the nvidia control panel there a check box to show all display size and not hide them. also does windows find your display right if it set it up as a generic monitor that all the size that gen monitor can support. if your using onboard video make sure you have the newest video driver installed.

Solution