New to the community (first ever desktop build)

Splat_86

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Greetings tom's Hardware community.
This is my very first post here, i really have no idea if i'm posting at the right place, or if i need to post somewhere else in order to introduce myself.

So i always have been a gamer and a lover of tech, i'm really more an amateur than anything else but i love this stuff, so i'm in a learning process.
I have gamed and played since i remember and most of it on consoles, but pc is the way to go for me, i played many years on laptops, and i came to the conclusion that desktop is the way to go.

So i'm really getting my first one soon, thing that i'm really undecided about is the case. I'm undecided between the Corsair 760T, the Thermaltake v71 and Corsair 750D.

Thing is i'm in Portugal and i use this site http://www.alientech.pt/index.php?cPath=180_6_42&page=1&sort=3d also i don't want to pass the 200 euro mark for the case, not for my first build anyway.

So i was thinking if you (the community) could give me some help about those 3 cases or recommend others on that site.

P.S.: sorry for long post.

Hawkshot

Admirable
Hey, Don't apologise for a long post you're giving us information to help you and also its not that long of a post :).

Im my opinion Cases, Keyboards and Mice are very open to personal opinion and interpretation, personally I really like this: http://www.alientech.pt/product_info.php?cPath=180_6_42&products_id=27002

But then again that's due to personal choice and I like NZXT products as ive never had a problem with cable management with the cases ive got from them. also when buying a full tower case be careful that your CPU's power cable is long enough to reach from the bottom to the top of the case as some wires require and extension for full tower cases :)

kristoffermilo

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
H440w is maybe my favourite case i've ever builded in. Lot of space, the psu is hidden, HDD is hidden too, lot of room for AIO or custom loop. Fairly good material for 155€. I would recommend the silent case, but the PSU is still making alot of noise and therefore its not that silent, but still.

If you got any questions about hardware in any form, just ask me or the forum. This is the best hardware forum that you can get. Everybody is so kind and stuff. Dont be affraid to ask. I've been asking ALOT of stupid questions, but nobody said anything about it, they helped.

kristoffermilo

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
I've always liked the Corsair 760T but recently i saw a guy called 'Totally silent Tech' or something like that, and now im in love with the 780t, but due to danish taxes, it cost around 300 dollars for only the case.

Splat_86

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Hello and thank you so much for taking your time to reply to this noob. I really like NZXT products as well, as i said i'm new at this but i really dig theyr cpu coolers, cases etc, and the case you linked i really dig it as well, but i've read and also have been told about negative air pressure...isn't that a negative thing for the case or the components inside?

Splat_86

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Thing is i'm really on the market for a case that can be used for years to come, with room for big motherboards, gpu's if needed, and that can look clean and also and this is important that is a very solid case, good material and stuff.

Also thank you very much for replying to me.

Splat_86

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Honestly thank you for the reply from you guys (?), sorry if there is a lady here xD, you already made me feel welcome here.

I have been stuck with this decision for a while, for example i really dig the look of the 760T, it looks clean and all and very modular, something i also love in a case, but i don't know if that case is worth the investment, if it has a good material quality or if it can be home to a powerhouse of a pc for gaming and streaming.

Hawkshot

Admirable

negative pressure in a case refers to the airflow in the case, it means that this case will generate stale air and cause components to heat up a little more than normal, this can be countered by installing an extra fan at the top or back of the pc and this will change the pressure of the case.

Splat_86

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Oh if you want someone to bother and be a pest to you about these things, then i'm that guy xD. In advance i apologise if i ask you stupid questions or if i post an absurd amount of times.

I already told Hawkshot that i always loved all this gaming and tech but the problem is that i am a huge green noob, all this, putting aside that i'm 30 years old, males me feel like a baby that is discovering a new world...but honestly it feels great!