Novatech Finance - Trustworthy?

Legatta

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I've bought plenty of stuff on Novatech before, they don't have the best prices, or selection, but they're convenient and tend to have decent customer service. They do a finance option, through a company called "afforditNOW". I was wondering if anyone has used this before? I only plan to spread the cost of a monitor across (likely) 3 months. I was tempted to use Ebuyer's Paypal Credit, but apparently they're terrible.

Solution
Google "afforditNOW". See what you can find. Look for negative and positive reviews. Be sceptical of positive, raving reviews.....

What interest rate do they charge? What happens if they determine that your payment is late?

What other information do they solicit from you?

How much does the monitor cost? How much will the total be if you finance with "afforditNOW"'.

You might be better off with a credit card purchase - but that depends on your overall credit card standing.

Do not know what monitor you wish to buy or where you live. However, you may find a perfectly useable and functional monitor via a Goodwill store or similar place.

It is good that you are researching the matter and otherwise soliciting advice. Be very...

Ralston18

Titan
Google "afforditNOW". See what you can find. Look for negative and positive reviews. Be sceptical of positive, raving reviews.....

What interest rate do they charge? What happens if they determine that your payment is late?

What other information do they solicit from you?

How much does the monitor cost? How much will the total be if you finance with "afforditNOW"'.

You might be better off with a credit card purchase - but that depends on your overall credit card standing.

Do not know what monitor you wish to buy or where you live. However, you may find a perfectly useable and functional monitor via a Goodwill store or similar place.

It is good that you are researching the matter and otherwise soliciting advice. Be very skeptical as many such places take advantage of people in many ways. And you may find yourself in a bind very quickly.

Save up for the purchase. Use some other monitor in the meantime. Protect yourself.

The actual out of pocket money from you could well exceed a full upfront cash payment for the monitor.

Solution

InFinnity

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
"they don't have the best prices, or selection, but they're convenient and tend to have decent customer service...." doesn't sound like a company I would work with... just sayin'

Legatta

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

To be fair the same could be said about Ebuyer, Scan or any of the big tech retailers. None of them have the most competitive prices, what they have is a good record and a reputation to lose.