GTX 950; Dual monitor; Second monitor "power saving mode." Can't get a display

N00BCHAN

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hi, tom'sHardware. First thread so please critique me in any way so I can learn. It's just as my title says. I moved my old rig into the living room ever since building my new-ish rig. I cannot get the second monitor to show a display. Every boot the second monitor will show "Auto detect: Entering power save". The only difference from when I moved it from my room to the living room is the newer graphics card I put in. The older one is an ASUS EAH6850. The newer one is a MSI GeForce GTX 950 OCV2. I am using the DVI connection on the main display and a HDMI to DVI cord on the second. Even when I swap out the two DVI ends into either monitor, whichever one is connected via HDMI to DVI does not receive a display. Device Manager does not detect the second monitor. I have tested the cord and both monitors in my GTX 970 and both power on. I am beginning to believe it is the card. I still have time to RMA/ refund. Suggestions?

Setup:
Mobo: ASUS M4A88T-M
CPU: Phenom II x6 1035T
PSU: hec X-Power Pro 650w
GPU: MSI 950 GTX OCV2
RAM: HyperX Genesis 8gb (2x4)
HDD: WD 1 TB Blue
Monitors: Acer V223W; Dell E228FP

N00BCHAN

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I took a wild stab at what it could be. I was wanting to upgrade the parts for some time.

Mobo: M4A88T-M --> Gigabyte H110M-S2H
CPU: Phenom II x6 1035T --> Intel i3-6100
PSU: hec X-Power Pro 650w --> EVGA GS 650w
GPU: MSI 950 GTX OCV2
RAM: HyperX Genesis 8gb (2x4) -->HyperX Fury 8gb (2x4)
HDD: WD 1 TB Blue --> Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

After putting in these new parts into the case using the same graphics card and same monitors, everything came to life. I am going to take a stab, and say it was a combination of motherboard and CPU that was not allowing me to run dual monitors on the previous setup. While the ASUS EAH6850 was allowing me to run a dual monitor setup, the displays would make a "shift" to the right or left and after 5 minutes or so would BSOD on me. Thank you for none of your help and have a nice day :)