Is These Errors Caused By Bad Memory RAM

tennant98

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Over the last week i have been having loads of problems with my computer. It all started with a couple of different blue screens, this would happen once every few days and they slowly became more and more progressive. It is now to the point where i can't use my computer for 1 hour without getting one, to turn my computer on again takes 5-10 attempts.

I was using my first computer rig which uses windows 10, this has had a clean install before the problems started occurring it only had a few things installed and was working fine. It began to randomly shut down programs i was using and websites would crash and display "plugins unresponsive". I reinstalled windows again but every time i did the install, during the installation it would blue screen i think with the error "Page fault in non page area" I finally got windows installed without a problem and my computer was fine again for a few days until the same problems started to happen again. One day i was speaking to friend when a moth flew into my computer which made it randomly shutdown and wouldn't turn on again, it would get to the windows logo during the boot then reboot after waiting for 2-3 minutes and repeat. The only way i could get to boot was by going into safe mode and disabling my graphics card drivers in the device menu but i would need to do this every time i boot. This lead to me using my second less powerful rig which didn't have RAM so i used my RAM from my old rig and it began to have the same problems. The other annoying error i get is when i load into windows i can't click on anything or interact with my desktop, i have to log out of the account and log back in to fix this. The last error i get is "WerFault.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x00000001 referenced memory at 0x00000001. The memory could not be written" This just closes down every program that opens on my computer until it shuts down windows itself.

Is there something wrong with the RAM in my computer as it is nearly a year old. Most blue screens after researching indicate badly installed drivers and a bad version of windows, could these problems be caused by bad memory or a faulty windows disk that i have been using?

Blue screens:
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
MEMORY MANAGMENT
KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

I understand this is probably to do with the RAM but i feel like it could help anyone else who might be having some of the same errors as me. Thankyou in advanced for reading my rage message as i'm fed up with this sheeeeeit.

Ps also be nice to get confirmation on that is RAM without need to spend another £100 and some new stuff

Hi,
Check your memories to start with:

Run memstest86+ Download and install Memtest86+ it's a free s/w http://www.memtest.org/
Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB-stick, it is a very small program, it will easily fit on a CD.

Then boot the computer from this, memtest86+ will automatically start, and don't worry - it will not in any way compromise nor touch anything on the hard drives.

You must run memtes86+ until at least pass 8,9,10 and 11 (it uses different test pattern then) and for 8GB of memory with an Intel 2600K it will take the whole night, approx 4-5 hours, if 16GB memory - twice as long.
If an error occur, You can just shut it down. Then You know that it is a serious problem with your memory's.
Take out all memory stick but one and run the test again - it will be much faster.
If no problem, replace the memory stick and run memtest86+ again, so that you now which memory stick is faulty.

Best regards from Sweden