Gaming monitor, which one???

stefanos18pc

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
So I am planning on buying one of these two monitors... I basically need it for gaming so which one should I get (ACER GN246HL 24'' 3D LED FULL HD) or( LG 29UM58-P 29'' ULTRA WIDE IPS LED FULL HD) or any other suggestions???

Solution
I would caution against ulta wide monitors if you want this to be predominately for gaming, since ultrawide support is fairly rare for games. So you will be playing with black bars on the screen most of the time. I have a 144hz asus monitor similar to the one listed above. It is nice however I think it is a little unecessary, save some money and get one that has a lower (but above 60) refresh rate or get a 1440p @60hz (assuming you have a gpu that can take advantage of it).

craftmaster_96

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
I would caution against ulta wide monitors if you want this to be predominately for gaming, since ultrawide support is fairly rare for games. So you will be playing with black bars on the screen most of the time. I have a 144hz asus monitor similar to the one listed above. It is nice however I think it is a little unecessary, save some money and get one that has a lower (but above 60) refresh rate or get a 1440p @60hz (assuming you have a gpu that can take advantage of it).

Solution