Differences between GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC and 1070 SEA HAWK X

horny pandas

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
Heey, everyone! I'm thinking about getting an NVIDIA GTX 1070 soon (maybe in about a couple of weeks). However, I'm confused about the pricing and differences between the aero 8G overclocked ones and the sea hawk x ones.

here is the link to the amazon page: Link

the 8G overclocked 1070 is more expensive than the sea hawk x. Out of the 6 versions of gtx 1070 on that page, is the sea hawk x is the only one that's not overclocked? All the other variations have OC in their product title except the sea hawk. It has water cooling- unlike the rest. I really like the water-cooling, however I want my 1070 to be watercooled and 8GB overclocked- which the sea hawk doesn't seem to be.

Am I reading it wrong? Maybe the sea hawk comes overclocked, or maybe it's just a normal-clocked 1070 with water-cooling? If the sea hawk's not overclocked- maybe there's a way around it like manually overclocking it myself? I don't know.

Thanks for helping.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3047729/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1000-series-megathread-faq-resources.html#17902599

this thread has all the info about the various cards. the seahawk is a watercooled reference design while the armor is the same board as the hgher end gaming x/z series. they both will perform the same for the most part with the seahawk being much cooler and quieter of course. and the seahawk x is oc'ed out of the box. see the thread above for exact speeds to compare between these 2 models.

price difference is the better board the armor is based on.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no problem. i just link it and hope others share the link as they answer questions :D

feel free to join the conversation in that thread as well. lots of speculation and rumor mill discussion going on there