Need help with Monitor to UPS connection

Forzi

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
Hello, i wanted to ask here about whether my UPS will be able to handle both my PC and my monitor.

Currently i have a 800va/480w Line interactive UPS, which i am using for a PC system, which has a 320w Load Wattage .

I am planning on also connecting my Monitor to the ups, and i am wondering if my UPS will be able to handle them both.

My monitor is - http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-g227hql-led-monitor-21-5/specs/
My UPS is - http://digitallink-eg.com/product-detail/ups-repotec-rpt-800du/

Also if you can help me with cables. I do not have the necessary cables to connect it to the UPS so i will be buying them tomorrow. Can you tell me what kind of a cable do i need to connect it the the UPS?

It will run it, but don't expect it to run for long, UPS should be there to enable you to shut down the system properly if power goes out. Not sure what you mean about the cable, you just connect the power cord from the monitor to the UPS instead of the wall power plug.

Forzi

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
About the cables, my monitor has an external adapter so it's different and a standart ups power cable doesn't work.

Btw i have a Seasonic M12-2 620 EVO PSU and i read that's it's nearly 100 % Active PFC, which is supposedly bad with simulated sine wave UPS units and that i need to buy a pure sine wave UPS.

I am planning on buying a better UPS in around a month or so, but i am worried that in the meantime my current UPS might damage my pc components because it isn't pure sine wave.

Should i just shut down and plug out my PC for a month or so until i get a new UPS and use my old laptop in the meantime ?

Even if you have an external power supply for the monitor, the plug that actually goes to the power would be the same on all of them, and that is what you connect to the UPS.

Why would you turn off the PC till you get a UPS, is the power that bad in your area?

Can't say anything about the power supply and what UPS to use with it, support for the power supply vendor should be able to help though.

Forzi

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
Hi again, well it's random, but usually the power stops at least 6-7 times per month, and there are periods when it stops like 5-6 times over 3-4 days. It's like medium-bad.

I did a test with my current UPS, which has a simulated sine wave. I decided to launch a heavy demanding game, then unplugged the cord and my UPS failed to keep my PC powered, so i am guessing in my case, my PSU ( Seasonic M12 2 620 EVO ) doesn't work well with such UPS units. That's why i decided and powered off my PC an hour ago, until i buy a pure sine wave UPS, cause i do not want to damage my PSU or other pc parts.