BSOD Windows 10 Ntoskrnl.exe hal.dll

bsolly95

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
hey everyone I had my pc upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and ever since have been getting Bsod when gaming.

I have tried installing new NVidia drivers I have reinstalled windows
its been going on for over a month and its driving me insane can someone please tell me whats going on I have a link to my last 3 dumps, thanks!
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-HEMxKxQRDg0aZWeK3FankCHNL

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
According to the dumps, this is a driver issue.

The steps you'll need to take are:

Make sure Windows is up to date
Do a clean install of your graphics driver
If those don't work, re-format the PC

If you can, use a backup (disk image or snapshot) to recover the machine. If you don't have either, I highly recommend doing so. Backing up via a disk imager (Macrium Reflect Free) or a snapshot tool (Rollback Rx) can cut down on down time in cases like this.

bsolly95

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
Windows is up to date ive clean istalled the graphics drivers over and over. I have re installed windows however did not completely format all the drives. So i will try a format when i get a chance thanks :)

See if there are any BIOS updates. Sometimes this fixes this stop error

If you can update the bios in the bios, update it there.

See if there are updates for Marvell Yukon Ethernet controller, they're 3 yrs old

Go to the mobo maker's site dont use device manager

bsolly95

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
I just went to the acer website to look for a bios update to find my pc model is not on there list of supported pc's for windows 10...I cant believe I never checked that, I assumed the business that did the upgrade would have checked. on another note I'm struggling to find updated drivers for the Ethernet controller