nvidia 1060 os update failed

markiilloydii

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
At the beginning my OS tried to Install a driver (nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB) but it failed. I dont know the reason. I kept retrying but nothing happens.

Specs
i5 6500
Gigabyte h170 gaming 3
2x4gb avexir blitz 2400
Msi gtx 1060 twin frzr

Please help me. I really cant update my os. And i cant run the installer of my gpu without it.

Solution
1. install the most recent DDU from the link posted
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

2. go to start menu and right click it, choose run.

3. type msconfig

4. choose the boot tab. then click safe boot and then restart.

5. run DDU and when done it should restart the computer.

6. reinstall the newest driver from nvidia.com for your OS.

7 while installing driver choose clean install. driver will install then reboot. you should be good at that point.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
1. install the most recent DDU from the link posted
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

2. go to start menu and right click it, choose run.

3. type msconfig

4. choose the boot tab. then click safe boot and then restart.

5. run DDU and when done it should restart the computer.

6. reinstall the newest driver from nvidia.com for your OS.

7 while installing driver choose clean install. driver will install then reboot. you should be good at that point.

Solution

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
go to nvidia.com

then click country (if needed)

Then click in the upper left hand corner "Drivers" and choose "Geforce Drivers"

on the screen the shows next under manual driver search. Choose geforce 10 series and then gtx 1060 below that...followed by your version of windows and then start search. then choose the newest WHQL driver released 372.54...download and install

markiilloydii

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

win 10 64bit pro. i really dont know why.

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

do i really need to update this?

Patric Stenhouse

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
The drivers for the the 10 series of NVidia cards were based on the more recent versions of windows.

To fix the issue you need to let windows perform an update. When you start the update, windows will display which updates it's downloading - you should see the update called "NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB". Let the update finish, then reboot and try installing the NVidia drivers again,

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

what if windows identifies the update for my NVDIA GEForce GTX 1060 3GB but keeps failing to install it?

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

FIXED!! ATOMIC WAR!!! Whoever you are.... I will find you... and I WILL KISS YOU - YOU MARVELOUS BASTARD! THANK YOU!

Gamers_Hub

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016

I downloaded windows 10 updated 1511 x64 bit. Now all is okay with my gtx 1060 6GB & the Nvidia Drivers
work perfect!
http://windowsiso.net/windows-10-iso/windows-10-th2-download-build-10586/windows-10-th2-iso-download-standard/