How to print the text of complete Tom's Hardware articles and guides

k93k93

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
I am a new member to Tom's Hardware. I would like to print the some review guides and articles in a text format. What is the best way to do this.

Solution
you can take a screenshot from windows itself. it's called the snipping tool and was introduced in win 7.

it will let you select a portion of the screen to copy or the whole thing. then saves it as a pic so you can do whatever with it.

you can also save the page as a pdf file. ctrl - p calls up the print window and you should be able to select a pdf from the printer drop down menu. that is if you have adobe, office or any number of other programs installed that adds a pdf printer driver. then once you have the pdf file you can do whatever you want with it as well to edit it and so on.

i use foxit pdf program and it will let me edit it and many other things once i save it as a pdf file.

k93k93

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

This is a solution that will work, but it is very time consuming to edit out the extraneous stuff and reformat.

The ideal solution would be to have a "print" button that would reformat the page (using some print style sheets?) so that the result is a page with mostly text content that can easily be printed. If some graphics (tables, graphs, etc) are required they should be of a "light" format to minimize toner usage. I assume I am not the only one that would like to be able to print detailed content and read it off line.

Thanks.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

As far as I know, there is no print button. However, I do know of a thing called gyazo (https://gyazo.com/en) Its a safe, trusted software that many on this site have used, (not just used for toms hardware) and its used to take a screenshot of whats on the screen. So you could take a screenshot of what u want, and then print that image/images

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can take a screenshot from windows itself. it's called the snipping tool and was introduced in win 7.

it will let you select a portion of the screen to copy or the whole thing. then saves it as a pic so you can do whatever with it.

you can also save the page as a pdf file. ctrl - p calls up the print window and you should be able to select a pdf from the printer drop down menu. that is if you have adobe, office or any number of other programs installed that adds a pdf printer driver. then once you have the pdf file you can do whatever you want with it as well to edit it and so on.

i use foxit pdf program and it will let me edit it and many other things once i save it as a pdf file.

Solution