Monitor going into Standby mode/Black Screen

Singham

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Hi all,

With the help of this community I recently made my very first computer and got help assembling it from a friend who built his own years ago.

Everything seems to be running fine except two things that I could definitely use your guys expertise on!

My first problem is that after a few minutes both my Acer Screens (Link to them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148NNKTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1) tend to go blank ( I believe standby mode) even though in my Windows setting I have it set to not put anything into standby or turn off until at least an hour. I also read on a few articles when people were having similar issues that it may be a Motherboard BIOS setting. I checked my settings and could not find anything that was interfering with that.
Link to Motherboard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012N6E996/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My second issue is, yesterday I decided to transfer the files from my old External Hard drive to the Hard Drive within my computer. Since the file size was over 1 TB and I was very tired, I decided to go to sleep. When I awoke a few hours later my computer was on sleep mode ( which is fine, I had it programmed to that). The issue however was I couldn't get it to boot properly. It basically would turn on, show the loading screen (the screen where it states to press F12 to get to bios) and then promptly go black for a second or two and then turn off once again. It would then turn itself back on and repeat this process in a cyclic pattern. It also wouldn't let me press the F12 key to actually get into the Bios. I quickly realized it must be my external HDD so I unplugged it from the USB port and restarted the computer and it logged in normally. My question is why does it do this and how do I prevent it? In my BIOS setting I had it where my internal HDD was the first boot priority.

I know I wrote a lot and I hope it wasn't too inconvenient to read. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated. If clarification is needed please let me know.