Windows 10 / USB Sound Card Crackling Popping?

XI1151

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
Hey, so I have an external soundcard (Numark iDJ3)> I was a DJ MIDI Controller but had its own USB Audio Sound Card, I have been using it as my primary sound card for years and even with Windows 10 (at first) it was awesome, no problems worked flawlessly.

But no, no matter what audio comes out of my speakers and/or headphones, the sound crackles whenever I give the computer anything to do, for example, if I am listening to YouTube or a local mp3, if I were to then browse the internet in another tab, the sound will crackle.

The speakers and soundcard are at fault, as I can comfortably play games perfectly fine with no issues.

My setup is quite simple, usb sound card, which runs through a splitter to send the sound to two different speaker systems and my headphones.

I have tried:

Disabling Audio Enhancements
Reinstalling Drivers
with no luck :9

I have used DPC latency checker, and I see a LOT of latency when music is playing and I do something on my computer, whenever I am idleing and playing music, there is only some red latency bars every now and then.
I am connected via USB 2.0, but it is a USB 2.0 sound card so that shouldn't help :S

I think the problem is with Firefox, as whenever I do anything within windows, I don't get any crackling, I don't see any irregular activity in Task Manager?

Any help?

Solution
That comes from teh poor quality current the card is gettign through USB. Try different USB ports(yes, even 3.0 ones).
If nothing helps, you migh want to look onto a better quality PSU.

XI1151

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015

Thanks for your response.

I have an Antec High Current Gamer 520W PSU, you see, the soundcard was working perfectly fine, but all of a sudden it doesnt :( I will try different USB ports

XI1151

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
Seems like USB 3.0 did the trick! I have just restarted my system and plugged sound and midi keyboard into USB 3.0 and it was perfect. Don't see why though, my midi keyboard and soundcard are both USB 2.0 devices so wouldn't the USB 3.0 ports just do the same as usb 2?

Very wierd.. thanks though!!!

DPC Lat Check is such a great tool to monitor latency.

Not that weird actually. The 3.0 standard implies beeing able to provide higher amps than 2.0 so, more often than not, the MB also provides better quality current.

XI1151

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015

Oh I see, well thanks for your help lads!
I am pretty sure that I have always used the same USB ports for the soundcard :S Maybe not lol.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS