Sony Vegas Pro Problem with video

RX_Olo

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
So when I try to open my file in Sony Vegas Pro 13 it says the following 'None Of The Files Dropped On Vegas Pro Could Be Opened' or this File C:\Users\oloko\Desktop\YT Intro 0-2001.avi could not be opened.

So the file that I rendered it in Blender was outputted to be h.264 avi file and now I tried converting it to mp4 or mpeg4 or xvid and still the same problem occurs.
Help?

Solution
hmm....some video editing programs have issues using .avi or .mp4 (aka h.264)
I cant really say much about vegas, since I dont use it though.
Personally I recommend Adobe Premiere Pro if you like individual clip control and Final cut-style quality
Only thing is Creative cloud is $29-32 a month subscription (for Students/teachers)

If its not working as any other file-type, It may be a corrupted source file. I run into that a lot with Gifs
try copying the source file to a USB drive or an External drive, and importing it into your project from there. If that works, its something with your location. If not, your file is bad. Another option might be Blending it as a .wma (if you're running windows) or quicktime (.mov, Mac and most other...

ragnarok94

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
hmm....some video editing programs have issues using .avi or .mp4 (aka h.264)
I cant really say much about vegas, since I dont use it though.
Personally I recommend Adobe Premiere Pro if you like individual clip control and Final cut-style quality
Only thing is Creative cloud is $29-32 a month subscription (for Students/teachers)

If its not working as any other file-type, It may be a corrupted source file. I run into that a lot with Gifs
try copying the source file to a USB drive or an External drive, and importing it into your project from there. If that works, its something with your location. If not, your file is bad. Another option might be Blending it as a .wma (if you're running windows) or quicktime (.mov, Mac and most other devices with 3rd party software)

Solution