Question about reinstalling OS

Crash40

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Ok, I have a problem with my OS that probably requires reinstalling it. The issue here is, My OS is on an SSD, the C: drive. But all my data(programs, files, games etc.) Are in a separate drive.

My question is, if I reinstall my OS on the C: drive, will it affect the data in my other drive? Not just not deleting things though; Will things like, licenses, Steam save data and other things like that be affected? How could reinstalling my OS on C: drive affect my other drive, if, at all.

Solution
The programs will have to be reinstalled if you format the ssd. The steam games maybe ok tho

It'll affect the programs, because the program's registry info wont be on the ssd if you format it

The only way to fix it, is to reinstall them
The programs will have to be reinstalled if you format the ssd. The steam games maybe ok tho

It'll affect the programs, because the program's registry info wont be on the ssd if you format it

The only way to fix it, is to reinstall them

Solution

Crash40

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

Ok, but if my steam games are still on my other drive, and I reinstall steam, will it use the games I have amd not have to redownload them...? What about saves? Can I just back them up and out them on the same folder?