Aug 20, 2016
Specs:
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 850w g2
Graphics Card: ASUS Strix gtx970
CPU + Cooler: Intel core I7-4790k, Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Operating System: Windows 10

A few weeks ago I dusted my PC parts and moved them into a new case. After I did this when I tried to play games most of them wouldn't launch, I managed to get rainbow six siege to launch and it ran at 1-5 FPS in the menu but would crash when I tied to play the actual game. When I launched it steam would give me a popup saying I was running it a the minimum required specs.
I tried restarting my PC this did not work, so I decided to remove my Graphics card and put it back in (with the PSU turned off and unplugged). This worked, until now. The problem happened again, after I updated my geforce drivers so that I could play fallout 4. Now when I run fallout 4 it will launch, I can start the actual game but it will play at 1-3 fps, but it will have a response time of about 5 seconds. This isnt onlt effecting fallout 4, when I try to play rust it will stay at around 15fps in the menu but will drop to only a few in the actual game, after it loads, which for both games takes a few minutes longer than is should. Before I had this problem I was able to run Rust and fallout 4 at ultra settings with 80fps for rust and 60 for fallout 4 (probably more if it didn't have a cap)
Results For Other Games:
Bio Shock Infinite: 1 FPS
CS;GO: Doesn't Launch
Pay Day 2: 1-12 FPS But it crashes while loading the menu
Day Z: Doesn't Launch
Kerbal Space Program: 1-12 FPS Crashes when I load a saved game

All these games are extremely unresponsive so I have to close them through task manager.

Something that might also be noteworthy is that when I try to update my graphics card through Geforce experience the instillation fails, and it says instillation cannot continue (or something similar)

If you have any suggestions on how I could fix this please tell me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Now when I right click on desktop the Nvidia control panel isnt showing up. And to clarify the HDMI that I am connecting to my TV is plugged into my graphics card.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose device manager
open display adaptors... is your card here?
if card is here, does it say its a GTX 970?
you can right click name and open properties and see what drivers it is using

if its not, look for unknown devices.
From what I have seen, if windows can't id the card its not a good sign. It means card is not working as it should (as if frame rate wasn't a clue of that)

If device manager can see card, then I would suggest you try the integrated graphics on PC and see if you get same results. You might need to RMA card if the integrated gives a better result than it.

if drivers won't install its not a good sign, you could try this but you may be left with no drivers so not sure its worth the risk: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

plshelpme12321

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

Sorry it took me so long to respond, the problem kinda fixed itself. But anyway, when I had the problem I checked it a and it didn't show up. The problem stopped though all of a sudden when I was on my desktop. this was over 24 hours after I first had the problem. I could right click and the Nvidia control panel would show up and It showed up in devise manager. I don't know what caused the problem but I suspect it was something to do with the software malfunctioning.