I own a Acer Aspire V3 Windows 10 , why can't I play older games such as Rome : Total War ?

Solution
did you try this?

Windows 10 and Rome
If you have a working copy of Rome and upgrade, it will still work.

If you have windows 10 and are working from clean install...

Install Rome... It will not load, do not worry...

Browse into Rome folder, set compatibility for Rome and BI to XP Service Pack 2

Leave the above window open and open file explorer to browse into C:/Windows/System32

Scroll down and find your d3dx9_24 through d3dx9_43 files, highlight, right click, copy, paste into Rome main folder.

Now, what you do not have and need is the contents of a Rome Preferences Folder and Rome cannot start to generate these. Message me or another friend with a working copy of Rome and get us to zip up the prferences folder and email it...

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try this?

Windows 10 and Rome
If you have a working copy of Rome and upgrade, it will still work.

If you have windows 10 and are working from clean install...

Install Rome... It will not load, do not worry...

Browse into Rome folder, set compatibility for Rome and BI to XP Service Pack 2

Leave the above window open and open file explorer to browse into C:/Windows/System32

Scroll down and find your d3dx9_24 through d3dx9_43 files, highlight, right click, copy, paste into Rome main folder.

Now, what you do not have and need is the contents of a Rome Preferences Folder and Rome cannot start to generate these. Message me or another friend with a working copy of Rome and get us to zip up the prferences folder and email it to you... Put it in place and you are working!

lower in thread he links the folder: https://steamcommunity.com/app/4760/discussions/0/598198356181011349/

Solution