price check system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnc1186

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
wondering how much my system roughly worth.

gpu = gtx 1070 FE
cpu = i7 6800k 4.1 ghz
mobo = gigabyte x99
storage = 228 ssd m.2 / 2nd 1 tb storage
ram = 32 gb quad channel ddr4
all in a nice cool master case with many led fans and front fan controller installed touch screen

Solution
D

No, no no. It doesn't work like that. Add the price of the parts new and subtract roughly 20% - 30% for being used. As soon as you open the box the value drops. Just like driving a new car off the lot.

If you want to charge people for your efforts you need people to come to you and commission specific builds. You will lose money 10 out of 10 times building a computer and expecting to just sell it somewhere for a profit. There's very little money in building computers. Are you going to...

shawnc1186

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
the parts i checked are roughly 1900 then you have to factor the assembly and over clocking etc... and some of these kids are asking like 2500-3000$ for rigs with way less specs than mine... so i can probably get like 2500-3000 out of it then?

You're probably not going to get many takers at that price. It's used. Other people can buy it new and assemble and overclock it. If you paid 1900, I would start at around 1600 and go from there.

Anarkie13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2015
Usually the only time you'll get anything extra for a build is if you are commissioned to build it. 98% of the time, the target audience when selling a high end gaming machine are people who have more than enough capability to build them, but want to save money.

In my case, if you remove my option to cherry pick exactly what manufacturers and models, I expect to pay less.

D

Deleted member 217926

No, no no. It doesn't work like that. Add the price of the parts new and subtract roughly 20% - 30% for being used. As soon as you open the box the value drops. Just like driving a new car off the lot.

If you want to charge people for your efforts you need people to come to you and commission specific builds. You will lose money 10 out of 10 times building a computer and expecting to just sell it somewhere for a profit. There's very little money in building computers. Are you going to offer a warranty? Extended support?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.