Help with Monitor for GTX 1070, bought in USA to Argentina.

Dreiv

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm from Argentina and I'm going to USA next month. My idea is buy a monitor during my trip so here are the questions:

1) Considering I'm can't be available to use warranty, do you recommend buy a monitor with an ips panel over tn panel? I know some times they come with fails, normally backlight bleed and I thinking in the worst situation.

2) I'm looking for an 27" 1440p monitor so is better:
a) IPS panel, 144hz, non G-SYNC.
b) TN panel, 144hz, G-SYNC?
c) Is the g-sync really worth the 200-300 more on IPS Panel?

3) Can you give me some ideas about the monitor to buy? I'm looking for this one but if G-SYNC isn't really necessary I'm going for a cheapest one.

Acer XB270HU Abprz Black 27" 144Hz WQHD Widescreen LED Backlight LCD G-SYNC.

P/D: Sorry for the bad english.

Thx a lot for the answers and plz sorry for the bad english. The little I know is for playing games...

Solution
Argentina is apparently not included...

10. International Warranty and Support
This Warranty applies in the country of purchase.
Additionally this Warranty entitles You during the Warranty Period to international ASUS warranty service in Europe, North America (USA, Canada and Mexico), Asia, Republic of South Africa and Australia/Oceania

IPS screens work best when there is plenty of light in the room, once you turn off all the lights and you are looking at a black screen, you will see some areas that are brighter than others (white/silver/gray king of color). This is a normal effect of IPS panels which is called IPS Glow.

BLB occurs when there is a gap between panel and bezel or screen cover, light from the backlight kind of...

frank_hnd

Honorable
what games are you looking to play?

If you are going all the way to the US, I recommend going to a store where you can try the monitor and see for yourself. I have an IPS 1440p/144Hz without BLB. But they opened the screen inside the store and tested it right in front of me. I guess the problems were present during the first year and also most people confuse IPS glow with BLB.

if you are going to be investing on a new screen, I recommend going all the way in with Gsync and all the bells and whistles, it will outlast your computer by years and you will definitely love your investment. it felt like a totally new PC after I got mine.

Dreiv

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Thx for the reply. Unfortunately I can't go to test the monitor, I shop it via Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, etc and send it first to hotel, then when I come to Argentina again I can see how it works.

frank_hnd

Honorable
that is the problem with buying expensive things online... you can't try them out and then if it has any problems you are already far away!
I'd say go for it anyways. Asus and other brands have global warranties on their own, so if you run into any problems you can go to Asus in Argentina.

Dreiv

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Asus Argentina does not support for things bought in USA.

BTW can u explain difference between IPS Glow and BLB?

frank_hnd

Honorable
Argentina is apparently not included...

10. International Warranty and Support
This Warranty applies in the country of purchase.
Additionally this Warranty entitles You during the Warranty Period to international ASUS warranty service in Europe, North America (USA, Canada and Mexico), Asia, Republic of South Africa and Australia/Oceania

IPS screens work best when there is plenty of light in the room, once you turn off all the lights and you are looking at a black screen, you will see some areas that are brighter than others (white/silver/gray king of color). This is a normal effect of IPS panels which is called IPS Glow.

BLB occurs when there is a gap between panel and bezel or screen cover, light from the backlight kind of "bleeds" into the front panel and gives a kind of yellowish glow. this occurs are the edges of the screen.

since IPS glow typically occurs in the corners of the screen (you can test this with a normal IPS TV while watching from 178 degrees or more from the side) a lot of people confuse it with BLB.

Solution

Dreiv

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Well, if IPS need a room plenty of light, I'm going for TN panel. I usually play in a room with the lights off.

Thx for the help :)