Need some help choosing a new monitor

X-perto

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
Hello everyone!
Soon I'll upgrade my system by switching from a 760 to a new 1070 and I wanted to buy a new monitor because right now I'm using a 21,5" 1080p 60hz TN panel and I know the 1070 would be kinda wasted on a monitor like that. I mostly play FPS and TPS games. Lately I've been playing a lot of rocket league and tw3 so I need a monitor that fits well those two games.
The new monitor must be a bigger than 25" and the budget is 350$/€, I don't need features like G-sync and 3D
So what do you guys recommend me buying?

My actual system specs:
Processor: i7 3700
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: gtx 760 (upgrading to 1070)
Power Supply: Corsair CX500
Monitor: Samsung T22B300

Solution
No, you won't. I've unselected it :)
Not here to gather points ;)
6ms is a perfectly acceptable response time for gaming and you would be hard pressed to notice a difference from so called "4ms" IPS panels and 6.
You could go wiht this BenQ which advertises 4ms, but i've heard some complaints of coil-whine, so it's up to you do decide if you will risk it or not. If you buy from a plce wiht a good return policy, it shouldn't be a problem.
http://pcpartpicker.com/product/YZn2FT/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

EDIT: Thanks for the downvote. Not as if i was trying to help or anything ;)

X-perto

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015

I'm sorry for that, I'm using my phone right now and I missclicked, just like I did with the best answer. My bad.
Trust me I really appreciate you help, btw what do you think i better between a 1080p 144hz and 1440p 60hz for my future setup?

1080p only upto 24". 1440p for 27". So it's actually about the size of the monitor you want.
Personally, 27" 1440p. But i also do alot of work on my rig, so that res helps alot.

Solution

Well, if you're itching to game, teh GPU first obviously. But, if you can wait two months, prices may settle down a bit more on the 1070 and AMD may even have announced Vega by then(last i heard it'll be october).