GPU/Display problem with CERTAIN games. No signal detected. (Can trade rare pepes for answers)

WGx

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hello !

First of all a huge thank you, for even looking at that post, I really have nowhere else to go and the issue i have is driving me mad. :(

I have a rather new PC (less than a year) and usually it works perfectly fine, having regular virus checks, clean-ups and updates, whether it comes to drivers or windows. BSOD never happened to me, crashes in games are very rare, and whole system froze up maybe twice if remember correctly. Sadly, I'm having some problems with my GPU or monitor, i'm not sure which tbh cause it's very hard to pinpoint the cause.

So, on to the problem itself. In certain games, my screen goes completely black, and says no signal detected. I can still hear what's going on in the game itself, but turning display on or off does nothing, alt tab/ctrl alt del/alt f4, nothing works. Processes keep on running, but the monitor simply stays pitch black. After the pc reset, everything works normal. I'd like to add that i spent like 2,5k+ hours in Counter Strike GO, 150h+ Witcher 3, and a long times in games like Skyrim/Fallout 4/Dragon Age Inquistion/Far Cry 4. Well, the list goes on. I've played most of the biggest releases. But this problem never happened to me once. Never. Everything worked. GPU temp usually stays around 50C low load, 60C medium 70C max. Problem is whether the game is demanding or not, doesn't really matter. Because the problem only happened in those titles - Path of Exile, Warface, Grim Dawn, and just released Enderal (a Skyrim MOD). The last title especially baffles me, cause i've played Skyrim on this PC for a long time, and it never happened. I might add that i've played each of this titles for like 3h max, because of the no signal detected issue. I've tried reinstalling drivers, changing hz of the monitor, ICC profile to default, settings to no avail.

Lastly, here is my setup. GTX 970, i7 5820k, ASRock X99 Extreme3, 16 gigs of ddr4, BenQ 2411Z, custom ICC profile to help with color fidelity, Windows 7 Ultimate (it's original, and up to date). Drivers up to date also. Can provide additional info if needed. I hope anyone had a similiar problem, or might have an idea what is causing this, or maybe what connects the titles that are linked to the issue itself. Have fantastic day, and once again, thank you for help in advance.:bounce:

WGx

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

I have an 850W Antec PSU, can't recall the model atm can check it later. I used furmark, changing settings from 720p to 1080p and higher, max msaa so on, left it for a few min my temp never got above 70C and it never crashed. Everything worked perfectly.