Acer monitor won't work with DVI-Displayport adapter

ryanvellia11

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
So I recently put together my first workstation for some side projects.

Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S
PNY Nvidia Quadro M2000
Acer G27HL monitor.

My wife had an extra monitor laying around from work that she wasn't using. The monitor only has one DVI port and one VGA port. I plugged in a DVI to displayport adapter to the monitor and then the displayport into my video card (Quadro M2000) - Nothing. Then I switched it to the displayport on the motherboard - Again, nothing.

Not sure if the monitor supports displayport at all but I couldn't find anything to the contrary. I turned the computer on for the first time and everyting seems to be good - All lights are on, fans are working, no weird noises. Not sure what could be wrong.

Any things a noobie should check first before discarding the monitor? Thanks!

Solution
Thanks for your reply. I actually realized the problem I had was the memory was in the wrong slots. Once I moved the memory sticks to the correct slots there were no issues. Thanks for replying though!

popatim

Titan
First You need to use the MENU button on the acer, navigate to the icon that looks like a plug going into a vga port and press the menu button again, then in that sub-menu select DVI as the source and press Menu again. Use the arrow buttons to exit and try your setup again please.

ryanvellia11

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I actually realized the problem I had was the memory was in the wrong slots. Once I moved the memory sticks to the correct slots there were no issues. Thanks for replying though!

Solution