My ASUS P7P55D-E PRO has been giving me hell! Any help would be great!

Dougyyyyy

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
I dont know if there is anything wrong with my ASUS P7P55D-E PRO motherboard directly but this is what I got going on...

I am able to load windows and the computer will work for a little while and then start locking up. Programs will start becoming unresponsive, video will freeze and then all I can do is move the mouse. After a minute or so the BSOD will come up with 0xc00000e error code. Sometimes its a couple hours sometimes it is more constant. Anyway, My first thought was temperature but when I started monitoring and playing with Speedfan my temps were just fine. Next I thought about ram. I pulled out the 2x2gb Ripjaws I had and bought some brand new 2x8gb PNY 1600 and I tried the 4gb and 2gb sticks that are in my other machine. Tried different DIMM slots with different sticks and it never appeared to help. I have, at least I think I have tried getting the timing set but doesnt help. Next thought was that it was one or both of my video cards but they both work independently and crossfired on my other machine without issue. Both the SSD and the HDD test and appear all good and healthy even though randomly it will tell me there is no boot device.

The BIOS are more adapted to overclocking and customizing than others I have dealt with recently so I am halfway convinced I have something set up wrong in there but I dont know what it could be.

Here is my Speccy...
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/MJsjmMonn8JlR6s8jHwf5EW

Thanks in advance guys. This is driving me crazy.

Why is there no Windows 10 driver for some motherboards provided on ASUS official site?
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1015050/

Your Asus P7P55D-E PRO uses the Intel P55 Express Chipset. It is an Intel 5 Series motherboard. From their chart, Asus support for Windows 10 starts with Intel 6 Series models.

MrNamegame

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Switch SATA ports. My boot drive port fucked up on my ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 lately and I've been noticing some other ASUS boards pulling the same stunt too.

Dougyyyyy

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
That is well and good but unless it is incompatible with 7 and 8.1 also than thats not the problem because it was the same shit when I tried 7 and 8.1. But I suppose its something.

Dougyyyyy

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
Interesting idea, ill give it a shot.

Dougyyyyy

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the other SATAs both 3gb and 6gb but no difference with the problem.

MrNamegame

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

After some further research, that BSOD code indicates corruption of the master boot sector normally. Have you tried running the sfc /scannow command?

Not too hard to do, just involves running it and then waiting. You have to start Command Prompt as administrator, then type in sfc /scannow and hit enter. Best if you're connected to the internet as it usually repairs the smaller file corruption with replacement files. If not, there's another way of fixing this.