A good 2560x1440 monitor?

Sred__

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
I'm looking to get a new monitor and could use some help. Theres so many monitors out there and its hard to know what to pick. I want a good resulutuion, however 4k is overkill for me. 2560x1440 would be perfect. It's gonna be used for games so it needs a good refresh rate I suppose. I also want it to be from 24 - 27". The obvious choise seems to be the Asus G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q, but its very expensive. I'm not sure if I wanna spend that much money. Is there another monitor that is cheaper but will do me just as good? I appreaciate all answers :)

Solution
Based on what I read, you would need a monitor refreshing at 120Hz and higher if you play games in 3D, and in which case paying extra fire G-SYNC may be worth the premium, but since I have been looking for one at the same resolution but refreshes at the typical 60Hz rate, if you don't play in 3D and you don't mind the lack of a Display Port, I think the Asus VX24AH can be well considered.

It's smaller at 23.8", with the same 2K resolution, refreshed at 60Hz (you may be able to overclock it but Google it first and know that it can be dangerous, but in experience, I had overclocked mine well beyond the specs but maybe I am just lucky.)

The Asus VX24AH, the last time I checked, is less than half of the price of Asus G-Sync ROG SWIFT...

apisorder

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Based on what I read, you would need a monitor refreshing at 120Hz and higher if you play games in 3D, and in which case paying extra fire G-SYNC may be worth the premium, but since I have been looking for one at the same resolution but refreshes at the typical 60Hz rate, if you don't play in 3D and you don't mind the lack of a Display Port, I think the Asus VX24AH can be well considered.

It's smaller at 23.8", with the same 2K resolution, refreshed at 60Hz (you may be able to overclock it but Google it first and know that it can be dangerous, but in experience, I had overclocked mine well beyond the specs but maybe I am just lucky.)

The Asus VX24AH, the last time I checked, is less than half of the price of Asus G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q, but only you can decide your needs.

Hope this helps,

Solution

Sred__

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Thanks for the replies. I decided to just go for the one I meantioned in the post. It's expensive but it's gonna be nice with G-sync, 144fps and a 1440p resulution