Horizon / Cable Test / Nexeya Test Machines Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have this cable testing computer, w/ embedded XP...
It is Horizon II manufactured by Nexeya Canada (AKA cable test corp).

Does anybody know who writes the cable testing software for these testing machines?
(the actual person?)

We have software bugs that the manufacturer won't resolve.
I am hoping to locate the person who wrote the software...

If you know anything, please share. Thanks in advance for looking!

What makes you think that the actual person who wrote the software is even working for the company anymore?
Bottom line, IF that person is even still working for the same company, he has to get authorization from them to fix any bugs in the software.
Then you have the simple issue that we are talking about a product more then 10 years old, no one offers free support for a 10 year old discontinued product.

You have 3 options:
1) deal with it
2) buy a newer system
3) offer to completely fund the company to do the debugging and fix the application (at least 10-20x more expensive then option 2)

The machine is less than 2 years old, and the company that makes it uses XP embedded, in new products sold today.
I program this thing in DOS 6.22. Try not to laugh too hard.

The company that makes it refuses to resolve the software bugs...so I am hoping to find the person who wrote the Horizon software.
These are not XP software bugs, they are Horizon software bugs.

Syntax:
anytime there is an error in syntax, it will lock up the machine. The machine must be shut down using Control - alt - delete, then re-started.
Therefore making it difficult to write and test any program.

Syntax error:
The machine should display a message: "syntax error," and not lock up (freeze).
BUT the bugs in the software do not allow for an error message. Instead it just freezes, no error messages.

Anybody have any other thoughts? Thanks if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.