One of my SSD's Disappears After Sleep

stopmoeric

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
I have 6 drives. My main C:/ SSD drive with windows and apps, a secondary D:/ SSD I use for After Effects cache, and 4 disk drives in RAID5 for media storage.

Both my SSD's are Crucial M550's, the windows C:/ drive is 256GB, the after effects D:/ drive is 1TB and that's the only difference between them. Both drives have been updated to the latest firmware. Whenever I put the computer to sleep, all of my drives come back up without a hitch except for my secondary D:/ SSD.

I've done a registry fix as per this fix:
http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/M550-256GB-M-2-dissapearing-after-resuming-from-sleep/m-p/158679#M44791

I've updated my Intel RST drivers. I'm running the lastest BIOS version on my ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard. Is this an ASUS/INTEL issue? Does it have something to do with a RAID setting? For the love of God, why is this happening? I've just been living with it for over a year now and I'm just restarting everytime I need the drive for work. But I want to fix this damn issue once and for all. Help.

Solution

Ok. repeat the same process and go to Hibernate After, set it to 0 (zero) then Allow Hybrid Sleep set to Yes and tell me if it works.

stopmoeric

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016

Did not work.

notlim981

Distinguished

Ok. repeat the same process and go to Hibernate After, set it to 0 (zero) then Allow Hybrid Sleep set to Yes and tell me if it works.

Solution