Another memory leak thread (sorry)

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
So I, like many, have upgraded to windows 10, but I don't mind it besides the memoryleak/virus that I got. So I have windows 10 64 bit, gtx 970 and i5 4670k. Here is an image of:
Task Manager: https://gyazo.com/e909e21432f5a6eed8a268864067186c
ResMon: https://gyazo.com/6e8e10494c6b4375360ba252667062f9

1.) Now I'm aware of the killer software memory leaks on windows 10. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but i'm not sure if it worked or if I even did it right, and how to check, OR if I have something called a dwm virus? Not too sure. Tried scanning with malwarebytes and will try hitman pro later tonight.
2.) Why I believe that it's just my killer drivers, or possibly both, is I can leave my computer to idle with nothing open for around 5-8 hours, and i'll come back and it'll only be idling around 60-70% ram usage, but if I leave a stream open or a game, something that constantly sends data im assuming, then when I return my ram will be locked at 100% and my computer will be virtually unusable.
3.) Also sometimes when I restart my computer after my computer is locked on 100%, it'll boot and minutes later my ram will already be at 100%, within minutes after my restart.
4.) Not sure if this is also relevant, but when I shut down my computer when my ram is at 100%, it takes a few minutes after my displays shut down for my fans and case lights to turn off.

I am appreciative of taking time to read through my issue and any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Thank you. :^]

Solution
the graph i mean is the picture you shared, there is no indication what time frame that picture covers. May never know now.

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
That is not what I meant to hit. ._. Rip. can I take that back? lmao. And I'll check the windows updates, and I have scanned for anti virus and malware. Nothing comes up.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Poolmon looks like a lot of fun

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_fzIDaP0s"][/video]

You might need a fresh install of win 10 to fix it otherwise, upgrades do have weird issues, often using 100% ram, cpu or storage

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Sigh. I'm definitely not looking forward to reinstalling windows.

reinstalling all the drivers and all my utilities allover again is going to be a pain. I think i'll just live with it for now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not so bad if you know you have to do it and PC still works, it sucks when you have no choice. Least you can prepare. Having two drives in PC helps as well, then you just put all the things you don't want to loose on the 2nd drive. If all your library folders are already on another drive, installing win 10 really doesn't take that long to do. In the past it would take a day or more, now you can be up and running in just a few hours. You may not have everything back in that time but majority won't take long.

If you have a steam games library, you can move entire folder onto another drive and then in steam settings, point the location of library to new folder without needing to download everything again.

Try poolmon first, i never realised it was so complicated just to run it.

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Yeah i'll give it a shot tomorrow. And I do have 2 drives, its just a pain reinstalling all the mobo drivers and network drivers and all the small little utilities and drivers that I can't really save.

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Couldn't find any graphs, but im in the process of using the killer installer to try to update my drivers since I'm not sure if my manual installation was done correctly.

EDIT: seems like the automatic installer actually removed the killer network manager tool that I just screenshotted. Possibly it reinstalled drivers and my problem has disappeared. I'll let you know as soon as I figure out if my issue has resolved or not.

Lefoid

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Picked you since you're the only one who ever replied. Used the auto updater rather than the manual update and has resolved the issue. Thank you for your help.