New pc build Asus Z170 mobo can't get display

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Recently just built a pc. No os on it as I can not get the monitor to recognize. Tried my old graphics card and got nothing, I also tried just on board graphics and got nothing. Power LED is on, as well as the motherboard LED. Can't get into BIOS as the monitor just isn't recognizing.
Please help
Specs:
- Asus Z170 1151 socket
- GTX 1070 8 GDDR5 graphics
- 850 watt psu
- 32 gb corsair ram
- custom built liquid cooled cpu
- i7 Intel 6700k

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

It's an asus z170-A lga1151. I've tried single ram and removing gpu maybe not at the same time though...not sure if that'd make a difference, also the DRAMM_LED is on I've tried hitting the Mem_OK button right below it and it flashes for about 10 seconds

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

OK will do when I'm home from work

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

OK so got it to boot in post know but it only works using one stick of ram not with the full 32?? My motherboard supports up to 64gb and also it is saying cpu fan speed error and I have a boot_device_led light on

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Yeah so I ignored the fan speeds in the bios as I have a custom liquid cooled loop but if the cpu had bent pins I'd still be able to get into bios? It recognized the cpu and the temperature as well

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
So replaced the motherboard as there was bent pins.. that fixed the DRAMM_LED issue. But however the display will go black everytime the computer is under load and. It will cut out shortly and then come back to Windows and cut out again until the pc resets and then will say your pc ran into a problem. Start windows repair (which doesn't work ) so my old gpu works fine no issues, but it doesn't have a pin connection for the psu. Would that mean my psu is defective??

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

I can't because the screen goes black whenever the pc is under load, Only when a gpu is in that has 6 pin connectors to the psu. the only time my monitor doesn't go blank is when I have my gpu in without any connection directly to the psu

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
So I was able to use a gpu from about 5 years ago had to boot into safe mode to download drivers. But that being said I got on played a game for about 2 hours and the gpu was running at about 65 to 71°c which is hot and then the screen went black after 2 hours of load. Couldn't get back in had to put in my gpu that doesn't have a 6 pin connector to get back into os and has worked fine since so it only happens when there is a 6 pin connector to the gpu. And I do have it hooked up in the right spots I know that. Also my power supply is evga 850w 80+ platinum so I don't think it's not getting enough power and this is the second power supply as I just exchanged thinking it was defective.....I'm lost lol

Ragnar03

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Well I RMA'd my 1070 thinking it was defective but unfortunately any gpu that requires a connection to the power supply doesn't work so I replaced the psu and still same issue lol so frustrating. I've now replaced the mobo psu and gpu and still same problem