My run-in with Razer....

itzhalo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2014
Hello! I just wanted to share my experience with Razer I have had recently. Lately online I have been looking for a mouse and stumbled upon the Razer deathadder chroma. I decided to purchase it at my local Best Buy because it would beat the wait and the reviews were not too bad on it. Some people around reddit said theirs was faulty and Razer's product quality was not the best but I thought if the odds were right the chances of me receiving a bad model were low. Especially considering that the deathadder has been around for so long and the only tweaks they really added on the newer chroma ones were grips and RGB why not.

Well I was wrong... Once I brought it home and tested it out I noticed the mouse wheel was clicking side to side and was out of place. Gave it some time and decided to ask support and after a day or so they replied with this message:
screenshot_223.png

Considering I was in only about 6/14 days I had to return the product I went back and swapped it out for a new one. To be on the safe side I opened it up and checked the mouse wheel in the car to see if there was anything wrong with it and not to my surprise, the mouse wheel was so loose even the slightest of moves would send it rocking left and right. I was close to not wanting anymore to do with Razer at this point. So I decided to bring it back and try a different Best Buy around 15 miles away with the hopes of the one where I got the 2 mice from were just from a "bad batch". I did the same exact thing, bought it, checked it in the car, and made sure no loose scroll wheel or it being not set properly. Thankfully it passed the test and seemed to be working fine.

I have been using this mouse since then yet noticed when you use the scroll wheel and stop on a certain spot it rattles really badly. Yet again as picky as I was I contacted support and sent them this video:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpANPLDnmrk"][/video]
Despite being tossed around to different representatives Frank was the one that at least tried helping me:
screenshot_224.png

Yet after waiting over 2 more days past this response for a whole new representative to help me out they send me this yet again:
screenshot_225.png

As of right now I do not know what to do. I am definitely not going to send this to Razer and for the 3rd time not return another defective mouse to Best Buy. Do you guys have any similar stories?

TL;DR - Ignored everyone's warnings about Razers poor build quality, going onto the 3rd time I will need to return their mouse, terrible support. This is what I get for going with Razer.

Sounds about right.
Razer mice (especially the Deathadder) are known to have issues.
My old Abyssus scroll wheel started jumping around, so did my Deathadder (as well as developing the double clicking issue). 3 of my friends deathadders did the same as well (2 2013s and 1 chroma).

I usually recommend logitech or Corsair mice these days. My M65 is a vast upgrade in quality and has easily out lasted both my razer products.
I will say my deathstalker keyboard is still holding up.

itzhalo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2014

Yeah I was thinking about going with a logitech or even a zowie mouse recently :/ I used to own a blackwidow but just ended up giving it to a friend because I decided after a year to get a logitech g710 because of the switches. I guess their only area of product quality is incorporated into their keyboards.