4K tv input lag

etye

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
I recently bought a big 4k tv so I thought I'd try hooking it up to my PC via HDMI. Now for some games (Dishonored, Dark Souls III, Doom) there is almost no noticeable lag at 1080p. But for some other games there is a very noticeable lag. For MGSV on 1080p I'm getting bad lag even with V-sync off and low settings. But when I switch to 720p the lag disappears. For Shadow of Mordor, I'm getting bad lag no matter the resolution or the graphics settings. Any advice?

TV: Vizio D58U-D3

GPU: Radeon R9 290

etye

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014

Doesn't look like the tv has any refresh rate settings. The weird thing is that I'm only getting lag for specific games. Rocket league runs fine, rise of the tomb raider has lag.

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
This is kind of a late answer but I thought I'd add since I have the same TV and have been using it as a monitor. I run an HDMI 2.0 (active) cable from the HDMI out of my GPU and (since I got a Rift) a displayport to hdmi adapter then in. I use the number 5 (uhd/gaming) suggested HDMI port on the TV. It's the top-most one right under the USB plug. I don't use ANY processing via the TV. Like gaming mode and everything else off. I also customize the gaming selector on the remote for more gamma ingame. I don't really notice any lag ever in anything unless processing is on. This includes FPS's and my gold standard: hitting a perfect skill check in DbD where ANY input lag is extremely noticeable. Hope this helps. I actually researched low lag UHDTVs o'plenty before I got this one I've had it for about a year and a half and no problems and it's on 24 hours a day everyday pretty much.