Windows failed to start

gixxerkidd83

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hi all,

My computer is running an upgraded version of Win10 from 8 upgraded from 7. In short I do not have a Win10 backup/repair disk. The only changes I have made was the addition of a SSD and a SATA drive. No partitions for either. Both are only used for additional storage.

The problem I am having is during my start sequence. I hit the power button and the PC turns on but nothing displays on the screen. After hitting the reset button I get a "windows boot manager" screen telling me Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the issue. To fix...and it has a list of what to do. Without a Win 10 install disk I just hit Enter to continue and "voila" it starts up and takes me to my home screen.

I did a restart and a shutdown start up to see if it was a one time thing and it starts up exactly the same from a restart and shutdown. Nothing on the screen, button reset to Boot screen, hit Enter to my home screen.

I copied all pertinent files to my external, performed a system restore to a point before the addition of the storage devices but my PC still starts up the same way. I'm at a loss, please help

gixxerkidd83

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

Thank you for helping. I did what you suggested. The site I went to said that my Win10 needed an update. So I did the update and on restart i got a New screen stating "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. I went into my Bios screen and sure enough, somehow one of my new HDD was selected as the primary boot drive. Fixed it and now I no longer get the "Failed screen".