AMD Radeon R8 Dual Graphics Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM Graphics Card for gaming?

Lori_21

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
My son plays a lot of games and I am looking at a computer. It has an AMD Radeon R8 Dual Graphics Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM Graphics Card. Would this work well for online minecraft as well as a plethora of Steam games? He plays Mount & Blade a lot and several others. These are the full specs:

Model number: 550-227C
AMD A10-8850 Extreme Edition 3.9GHz quad-core accelerated processor
12GB DDR3 SDRAM
2TB hard drive
Windows 10 Home operating system
AMD Radeon R8 Dual Graphics Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM Graphics Card
Built-in dual-band WiFi with Bluetooth 4.0
Ultra Slim Tray SuperMulti DVD Burner
High-definition audio with B&O Play technology
Six USB 3.0 ports
Four USB 2.0 ports

Thank you!

maugusto

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
the A10-8850 is a CPU with an R7 GPU, so for dual GPU you need an extra R7 gpu in your system.
with that system (the CPU only) it will struggle to play some games
i have one system with an A10-7870K + R7 250 + O.C. (this is a true dual GPU config) and i can play games like the witcher hunter 3 in minimun specs, but is impossible to play only with the cpu itself

Lori_21

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

First of all, thank you so much for responding. I greatly appreciate it. The computer I am looking at has all of the specs I listed above. It says it has the AMD A10-8850 Extreme Edition 3.9GHz quad core accelerated processor--then it also says it has the AMD Radeon R8 Dual Graphics Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM Graphics Card. I am pretty good with most things computer related but get confused on the techs and gaming. LOL! I am not a game player at all and I currently have a computer that I recently purchased that has hard drive issues as it is making a lot of noise. I am returning it for a refund and am looking to get something better than that one. It has the integrated graphics and my son was unable to play one of his games due to the graphics. I am on a pretty tight budget here so looking for something reasonably priced.