Automatic restarts after a series of problems

blackogen

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Hello guys,

I'm getting the common problem of being unable to boot up my computer properly. I power up the computer, it loads the BIOS screen and then instead of loading up Windows 10, it goes into black screen for about 10 seconds (at most) before restarting itself. The process then repeats.

A little more information -- which I think is relevant to the problem -- is that a few days before my computer had this issue, it started crashing randomly, giving me the BSOD. It has happened when I'm gaming and watching YouTube videos. Interestingly, it only crashes when I'm not using the computer (away from it). I can't remember what the errors were but I know there was one that said 'REGISTRY_ERROR' or something.

Another that might be of relevance is AMD recently prompted me to update my graphics card drivers. However, I can't remember if that was before or after the BSODs came in.

After the issue occurred, I was able to enter Recovery Mode a few times, where I tried to do a System Restore, but had no restore points. So I tried to do a reset (?), where Windows resets everything but keeps my files. Unfortunately, that has failed every attempt.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Removed each hardware (graphics card, RAM etc.) from my motherboard and tested individually. I'm able to boot properly with every component.

2. Install Windows 10 again using the ISO file downloaded on to my flashdrive. However, whenever I select boot from flashdrive, it goes into a black screen before restarting again.

3. Removed and placed back the CMOS battery.

4. Entered Windows Boot Manager through F8 and F11. But when pressing F8 (or F11) to select advanced options for my OS (Windows 10), the screen goes black. I tried pressing the down button thrice and press 'Enter' to selected Safe Mode with Networking (with reference to an image of the Windows Boot Manager), but the screen goes black and the computer restarts again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G2030 @ 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
GPU: HD 7700 Series (1 GB)
Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64-bit

Solution
Go to the Memtest86.com site and scroll down to the Windows Downloads section.
Click on "image for creating bootable CD (ISO format)".
Save the file and then use a CD burning program to burn it to a CD.
If you don't have one, go to freeisoburner.com and download it.
Boot the resulting Memtest86 CD and run the test.

blackogen

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

How do I go about running the MemTest? It's used to check for memory problems?

Go to the Memtest86.com site and scroll down to the Windows Downloads section.
Click on "image for creating bootable CD (ISO format)".
Save the file and then use a CD burning program to burn it to a CD.
If you don't have one, go to freeisoburner.com and download it.
Boot the resulting Memtest86 CD and run the test.

Solution