Had to reset computer, and used a USB. BIOS forcing to to boot with windows boot manager?

Alexx2208

Reputable
May 23, 2015
Hi guys,

As the title States, I reset my windows 10PC last night, and after many issues, I was forced to use a USB to reinstall windows. I am forced to remove all previous partitions on the disk so I can reformat it. Once I do this, it resets and once it's completed, the starts of the PC takes over 3 minutes to boot.

When I open the BIOS, the boot priority is set to the drive, but with brackets and it says windows boot manager. If I try to boot with the regular drive, it just forces bios.

All of the other drives connected to the computer are wiped.

Could anyone help me out?

Solution
Is it booting to the black screen that asks you to choose which version of Windows you want to start? If so, what are the choices? Is it asking you to choose between versions of Windows or is it asking you to install or repair the current Windows install? I'd physically remove all the other drives and then try it first.

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Is it booting to the black screen that asks you to choose which version of Windows you want to start? If so, what are the choices? Is it asking you to choose between versions of Windows or is it asking you to install or repair the current Windows install? I'd physically remove all the other drives and then try it first.

Solution

Alexx2208

Reputable
May 23, 2015
It isn't asking which OS I should use. It posts, shows the ASUS logo for a couple seconds if you want to go into bios, and then shows the ASUS logo again with the circle scrolling. This is weird, as I've usually gotten the windows 10 logo.

I'll add that I used Rufus to get the iso onto my USB, because the media creation tool wouldn't work on three different laptops and 2 different drives.

I'm only worried because I've never seen or heard of windows boot manager....