WINDOWS 10 not booting after partitioning C drive

BlackstarMan13

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I bought a new laptop and using disk management, i partitioned my C drive from 930 GB TO 530 GB. Now unable to partition anymore, i decided to use 3rd party software's to partition the C drive and cut down my C drive to 130 GB. After the laptop restarted, Windows is unable to boot. Please help me on how to BOOT the windows? i partitioned my C drive using AOMEI Partition Assist Professional which i downloaded from this website http://www.disk-partition.com/windows-10/windows-10-disk-management-0528.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder why win 10 wanted so much space.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a boot disc

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

See if that helps

another alternate might be http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows
Their instructions say to use F8 but instead, boot from installer, choose repair PC and you in the menus they mention at step 2.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BlackstarMan13 : "WINDOWS 10 not booting after partitioning C drive"

BlackstarMan13

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

No this does not work. Instead a blue screen with a white message pops up saying:
"Startup couldn't repair you PC
Press"Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.
Log file:C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt
"
Also i partitioned my C drive using AOMEI Partition Assist Professional

expee

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Had a similar problem. Made the partition for Boot C: too small ( maybe too small for the startup process to work ). Computer wouldn't boot anymore. Recovery via media creation tool failed.
Discovered that aomei has a feature 'make Windows PE wizard' and even better 'make Win to go usb drive. Booting from Win to go usb drive could get me back in my system and repartition my boot drive. After that i could boot my computer normally again.