should i be worried

Infirms

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
recently every time i turn on my pc and log in a small window pops up and says invalid command line i dont know what that means so should i be worried and if its a problem how can i fix it ? i can use the pc just fine just that message has me a bit concerned

btw im on win 10 64 bit

Solution

Malwarebytes does run perfectly well along with your anti-virus of choice, you should definitely have it installed on your pc.

Colif

Win 11 Master
look in event viewer and see if you can find the error and copy/paste its description in here and we see what we can do.

if you not used event viewer before, search cortana for it
when it opens, in left hand column under custom views, choose admin events
expand the right hand window so you can see the middle window
Don't freak out if there lots of errors, that is normal for event viewer - just look for the event you asking about.

Infirms

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016

Can I use that while having Norton on my PC to scan for malware or would that cause problems between the two ?

notlim981

Distinguished

Malwarebytes does run perfectly well along with your anti-virus of choice, you should definitely have it installed on your pc.

Solution
Scan for virus and malware as suggested previously, and if the problem persists; Check msconfig (Start > Search or Run > type msconfig and press Enter) > Statup tab > Open "TaskManager" > = OR; right click on the Taskbar > TaskManager > Next look in the startup tab > and disable any unknown/unusual process. Next in the Services tab (only in msconfig) check; "Hide Microsoft Services", only third party software services will remain on view.. disable unknown services specially if their name corresponds with the process you may have disabled from Startup tab... Next from the Control Panel, uninstall the related software, next run CCleaner to clean the registry and possible remaining elements from the removed software.