3570k reach 80c on stock.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys.
My CPU is running a little bit hotter than used to.
I use intel stock cooler and a elite 130 case, so airflow is pretty bad.
Also i use my PC now in a cabinet with opening only on the front.
I did a lot of tests today:
1-Changed PSU to face down and suck air from inside to outside, still the same temps but psu back was a lot hotter than usual.
2-changed PSU back to original position and opened the pc and took off from cabinet, still same temps.
3-put everything back on and put my pc sideways so PSU draws fresh air first, cpu a bit hotter.
4-changed pc orientation so front fan draws fresh air first, same temps.

I am getting 75c easily playing dark souls 3, and just for testing i ran less than a minute prime95 and it reach 90c, so i stopped.
Less than two months ago i changed the thermal paste because it was old and cpu cooler was not seated correcly to and it reached 105c and pc turned off, i solved this problem but not very far from 105c.
this is a picture of how is it right now:
BhQAdjq.jpg

And this is it open without the side fan
v0jksk3.jpg

The front fan is intake and side fan exhaust, but the airflow is so small that i think the front fan doesn't even make a difference.
So should i get a low profile cpu cooler, or a AIO water cooler, or maybe putting better fans in the case?

Low profile coolers are generally low performance, so definitely don't go that route, as you'll just be spending money without gaining anything.

Before you invest in an AIO cooler, make sure it will even fit with your setup. The hoses aren't as flexible as they may appear.

Your case is cramped and restricting airflow around your stock cooler, which is already underwhelming. The easiest, cheapest solution I see is to get a better case, and perhaps install the PC into an open air environment rather than a cramped cabinet.

You can replace frontal cooler with high speed model (max RPM >2000)
and CPU cooler with CM GeminII M4.
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/geminii-m4/

And make sure that air vents have plenty of clearance. Putting case in a cabinet certainly doesn't help.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I am always thinking about replacing my case. But still will need to be small and the height will be limited to 35cm.
I liked the Thermaltake core v1 and corsair 250d, so i will have separation from PSU and motherboard, and will be possible to use better cpu coolers, and core v1 have a huge 200mm fan and will be probably have a better airflow than my elite 130. What do you guys think?