I moved my desktop computer from my old house to my new one, and when i tried setting it back up my BENQ monitor says "No Sign

Solution
First check a few things. Make sure the cable from your monitor to your videocard is plugged in solidly. Some motherboards come with display adapters, so it might sound stupid, but make sure your cable is plugged into the videocard on the back and not your motherboard. I don't know how good you are with computers, but if you're not afraid I would open it up and make sure the videocard is seated firmly in the PCI slot.

When you start up your computer, does it whiz and whir like it's going on? You just have no display?

hypocrisyforever

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
First check a few things. Make sure the cable from your monitor to your videocard is plugged in solidly. Some motherboards come with display adapters, so it might sound stupid, but make sure your cable is plugged into the videocard on the back and not your motherboard. I don't know how good you are with computers, but if you're not afraid I would open it up and make sure the videocard is seated firmly in the PCI slot.

When you start up your computer, does it whiz and whir like it's going on? You just have no display?

Solution