New Gaming PC running slow

JAYZ303

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Hi, I built a new gaming rig recently and installed windows 10 on it but have been experiencing some problems. I'll put the specs at the end.

I've been having troubles from the get go with the speed of the PC. Everything seems to be working fine apart from that. When starting Windows 10 it's occasionally very slow and when getting to the desktop it takes a while for the startup programs and desktop shortcuts to load. I have been using ASUS RamCache to speed it up, without it's way too slow. Opening programs it can take up to 5 minutes for it to eventually open. Also when playing games like League of Legends I get FPS drops so the screen freezes or on Overwatch player models are invisible including myself so I die to invisible enemies and it doesn't seem to be graphics card related. Occasionally I will abruptly get the blue screen of death but I cant remember the exact error message but it says something about memory. I'm unsure if it might be the hard drive or something else such as the RAM cache. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Specs:
Intel i7 6700k 4.0GHz quad core proccesor
Asus maximus VIII Hero ATX motherboard
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2400 memory
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB graphics card
Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD
Corsair Force LS 60GB SDD for cache
Windows 10 home 64bit

yemmyow

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
have you ever resolved your issue with the 6700k?

I too am having problems with mine.

JAYZ303

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

I replaced my HDD and I have an SSD for caching with Intel rapid smart reponse, I haven't had a problem since then.

yemmyow

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Yeah, what i did with my PC which has similar specs is repair the hard drive. I ran the IObit system care software and that resolved the issue. It was definitely a HDD issue.