Unable to use AI-Suite 3 on Windows 10

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I just made a clean install of windows 10, and then went to grab AI Suite for my motherboard. (A55M-e (FM2 or FM2+?) motherboard) But looking on my motherboard page for software for windows 10 64bit, AI suite does not exist.

I really want this software. How do I get it for my system? Can I get it for my system?

Solution
I listed them in my first post and a link to a thread I started a year ago regarding what I had found. A quick internet search will turn up many stories involving Asupio.sys. Again though, you many not run into these issues. Just something to keep in mind if you start having odd problems that you can't pin down, it could be related to Ai Suite.

I first noticed that in the Event Manager I was seeing daily DipAwayMode.exe stopped working. I didn't get any sort of error message on the desktop, just events in the Event Manager. On rare occasions I'd get a BSOD which didn't directly point to Ai Suite. When I say rare, I'd go a month or more perfectly stable and then I'd get two in one week sort of thing. It was very frustrating for...
My experience with Ai Suite hasn't been good. I had events in the Event Viewer that dealt with Ai Suite and I had these infrequent BSODs. I was always suspicious of Ai Suite being the cause of my BSODs but because they were so infrequent I never bothered to chase it down. The minidumps never seemed to point to anything directly related to Ai Suite. Then I finally got fed up and ran Driver Verifier which will stress your system and find any misbehaving drivers. It is better at capturing what is causing the BSOD. Lo and hehold, the issue was Asupio.sys which is part of Ai Suite. I uninstalled Ai Suite and my BSOD's were gone.

I recommend HWInfo 64 if you need monitoring functionality. I use it in conjunction with HWInfo Monitor (Desktop Gadget) and 8Gadget Pack to give back gadget functionality in Windows 8 / 8.1 /10.

Here is a link to my cautionary tale that I wrote here when I discovered it:

ASUS Ai Suite X

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Would you happen to know of a program that allows you to monitor CPU temps, MOBO temps, fan speeds, and control fan speeds with a curve?

As I mentioned for monitoring, HWInfo64 is what I use. As for controlling fans, I'd use the BIOS for fan control.

Actually fan control was the only reason I even installed Ai Suite. Personally I think ASUS should break out Fan Xpert fro Ai Suite, though I guess they'd have to have Ai Suite to monitor temps to control the fan.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

It is uefi and i think i recall seeing fan speed settings in the bios. Ill check that out soon. However i did get ai suite 2 working and i could control the fan speeds there

I was only suggesting not using Ai Suite because it can cause more problems than it's worth. While I agree that Fan Xpert is nice, it's not worth having occasional problems just for that functionality. You never know though, maybe you won't have the issues I've had. Just keep in mind if you do start having odd problems, try uninstalling Ai Suite as a first troubleshooting step.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I used to use AI Suite all the time on windows 7 before i installed windows 10, and i have never experienced any of these 'problems' you talk of. What do you mean 'problems'?

I listed them in my first post and a link to a thread I started a year ago regarding what I had found. A quick internet search will turn up many stories involving Asupio.sys. Again though, you many not run into these issues. Just something to keep in mind if you start having odd problems that you can't pin down, it could be related to Ai Suite.

I first noticed that in the Event Manager I was seeing daily DipAwayMode.exe stopped working. I didn't get any sort of error message on the desktop, just events in the Event Manager. On rare occasions I'd get a BSOD which didn't directly point to Ai Suite. When I say rare, I'd go a month or more perfectly stable and then I'd get two in one week sort of thing. It was very frustrating for me because I will only accept 100% stability in the OS. I can take game and application crashes somewhat better, but anything that causes my computer to shutdown for no apparent reason drives me nuts. After finally getting fed up enough to do something about it I troubleshot it (it's in the link) I found out it was Ai Suite, once it was removed I haven't had a BSOD since. Well none that weren't caused by me anyway (overclocking).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS