ASUS VG248QE Signal Issue Above 60 HZ

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi All,

I just moved into college and after setting up my PC (which I've had with this monitor for about 3 years now). After turning it on, I noticed that the screen would suddenly flicker with static (going between desktop and static) when there was activity on the screen, and then it would go out for a few seconds.

I tried different ports on my GTX 970 (3 different DPs, all same result) and different outlets and power strips. They all produce the same results. When I change to 60hz, all of the symptoms subside, however anything above that is an issue.

I don't know much about the hardware of monitors, but something I see when I search this up is something about coils going bad?

Thanks for any and all help.

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
I have the same monitor, and I've noticed that specifically when I'm on Netflix, the screen would go to static. I have to press the power button, leave it off for a couple seconds, then turn it back on. This is at 144Hz.

What are you doing specifically when the static comes on? Does it happen in games, too? Or just when browsing websites/watching videos? If that's the case, the site itself may have a problem rendering at 144Hz and cause an issue within the monitor.

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Thanks for the reply.

It happens at any point, as long as there is movement on the screen whether it's a game or just moving windows on the desktop. I'll try the power next.

Edit: Just tried it, no improvements.

I've had this monitor for nearly three years and I used it quite a bit. Is it possible that it's just on it's way out?

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Just tried doing different resolutions. Anything below 1080p seems to run a little smoother initially but then completely gives up after some time.

I'd debating trying a new cable or trying DVI, but I don't think that will do anything.

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
So up until now, I neglected to look at the cable. Apparently, some of the pins popped out of the plastic casing. So I took a flathead and wiggled it in there a bit to try and set the pins back in and voilà! Works great and I have HDCP back.

Sorry to waste space.