Computer wont turn on after 20ft move from one room to another

Xiphosm3

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Last week I move my desktop computer from one room to another, followed the shutdown procedures and everything correctly.

Upon hooking it up and turning it on, nothing happened. My GPU has a light on showing power from the PSU but nothing from anything else.

Things I've done:
- Reseated all components
- Shorted out PSU plug to verify it works, and when I short it out, all the fans and components turn on. (I haven't tested individual ports on the main plug though)
- Replaced CMOS battery
- Tested it without my GPU installed, nothing works.
- Tested without any memory installed, doesn't work.

UPDATE: After removing all components including the CPU, and installing a different CPU I had laying around, it would turn on. I threw back in my better CPU and it would turn on. I then proceeded to plug in each hard drive, then booted up. It worked. I added my memory and GPU, and nothing happened. Ugh. I then removed my gpu and memory and it booted back up. Put back in one stick of memory and nothing happened. Tried the other stick, and nothing happened. Now nothing is working again.

I tested each connection on the PSU and each plug is reading the correct voltages.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Hello Xiphosm3

Can you please try removing the battery for around 30 minutes leaving the system alone for that time. If that doesn't help, you can try cleaning the memory slots before installing the memory sticks in them.

It is also possible that only one memory slot is faulty, so you may want to check each one of them by adding a memory stick to each, one at a time and then powering on the PC.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Xiphosm3

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Vive, removed the battery for few hours and no response. Wouldn't boot or turn on regardless of a memory stick being inserted.