Is there a genuine one program that keeps your computer up to date and tuned ,drivers maintenance etc.

Trevor99

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I was wondering if there is one program that updates drivers. and keeps your computer in tune.Like one program does all.
I have a Toshiba, laptop L50-c Satellite. Running Windows 10.Have tried several driver update programs.

Solution
Not one program. Plenty that say they will but often don't give you the right drivers. I tried driver Booster this year and after it installed wrong drivers twice, breaking both internet and sound, I have given up on ever finding a single solution that fixes it all

The best source of driver updates are the makers of hardware, look on their web sites and compare it against what drivers you have in device manager. This only becomes a problem when your PC is over 5 years old and there aren't any drivers at all for hardware. Then you have to just accept your PC isn't new enough to run the newest version of windows.

Many manufacturers are now making their own programs that update the drivers. OEM PC makers have for a few years but now even...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not one program. Plenty that say they will but often don't give you the right drivers. I tried driver Booster this year and after it installed wrong drivers twice, breaking both internet and sound, I have given up on ever finding a single solution that fixes it all

The best source of driver updates are the makers of hardware, look on their web sites and compare it against what drivers you have in device manager. This only becomes a problem when your PC is over 5 years old and there aren't any drivers at all for hardware. Then you have to just accept your PC isn't new enough to run the newest version of windows.

Many manufacturers are now making their own programs that update the drivers. OEM PC makers have for a few years but now even Motherboard makers are as well.

Your choice of win 10 drivers is a huge one driver but you can use the win 8.1 drivers fine: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/l50/pskl6a-013004/download

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Depends on age of hardware, if PC is fairly new then driver updates are useful. The only driver I always change now is my GPU as my card is still fairly new still. I found updating chipset drivers sped my ssd up a lot a few months ago. Start time was approaching hdd speeds.

I don't trust myself in registry so why would I trust a 3rd party program to do it. Registry seems to work fine if I ignore it. Last time I ran CCleaner it deleted an Asus folder I needed.. serves me right running it on same day I installed windows. I don't even have it installed I like it so much.

If you have a problem, checking for updated drivers FROM THE MANUFACTURER of the hardware is prudent. But as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! When I bought a new Dell laptop back in Dec. last year, I got messages saying the video driver had crashed & recovered. After a couple of months Dell provided a new driver that fixed the problem. But these automatic driver update programs that fix things that aren't broken from places other than the hardware manufacturer are generally something to be avoided.

Latest posts