Asrock x99 error code b7 (aka 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playawhile

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Someone please help me end this nightmare.

I recently upgraded with new motherboard, new cpu, new memory, new water cooler.

I ended up with Asrock x99 Extreme6 and the memory is F4-2400C15Q-32GRR.

Upon installation, I kept getting error code b0 (aka 60). I tried many different memory configurations and even a single stick of RAM would not work in any slot. (clearing CMOS by power off/unplug/wait/hold CMOS button for 10 seconds). Also tried reseating the CPU multiple times.

The bios says 1.90, so I ended up buying 2 sticks directly from the compatibility page, F4-2133C15D-16GRR. When I got these, I tried them in the leftmost two black slots, A1, B1. This time, the error codes flashed some and ended up on b7. Again, I tried multiple memory positions and tried a single stick that wouldn't work anywhere. I also tried reseating the CPU again.

After reading about possibly putting the water cooler on too tight and bending pins, I suddenly feared that I hurt the socket. I looked very closely for bent pins but didn't see any. But I RMA'd the mobo and 4 sticks of RAM anyways.

Now, over a week later, my new mobo and memory are both here.This time I very delicately installed the water cooler and did not tighten the screws down very much at all.

Same thing! Using the 2400 memory I get error code b0. But when I try the 2133s I get b7, after flashing through a few others. I am clearing the CMOS each time and even have been clearing it the old fashioned way by power off/unplug/wait/push power a few times to be sure/pop battery/switch jumper/count to 10/put jumper back/replace battery.

Could this be the CPU? I'm thinking the CPU has to be fine, since its so rare for them to be DOA, and also because the b0 error happens w/ the 2400 memory and the b7 happens with the 2133.

Pleaese help!!

I'm at a t

Status
Not open for further replies.