Windows 10 Blue screen's after installing graphics drivers.

daniel202

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
OK
So I noticed that my laptop had been starting up slowee than Windows 7 did, I changed a few things in msconfig like disabling the bluetooth and other things during startup. I guess I also disabled AMD CCC in msconfig and task manager startup. Turns out I could've just turned the fast startup option off and on to fix this. After a reboot only my laptop's screen works (I use a VGA monitor with too.) and in low resolution mode, so I think. (But it started 60+ seconds faster, which I know is due to the fast startup option because I had done 2 restarts without disabling CCC.) OH NO my graphics drivers. I checked device manager, saw that they have errors, both my IGP and GPU which I'll talk about in a bit, had the error code 43. Since I had gotten Windows 10 months ago, I installed the latest video driver for my IGP and GPU because they weren't the drivers for windows 10. I got them from the website DevId.info (I think) and it worked until today when I disabled CCC. After trying to install those same drivers to one of my graphics adapters it Blue screened and was in a loop. I did some stuff and got it to boot, then I tried using CCC to install the drivers, blue screen again. I've been trying to get back to my desktop to re-install CCC, but nothing works, reset wont work, auto repair wont work, restore to a prior point sort of works and sfc /scannow wont work. My system specs are,
Samsung series 3 15.6"
NP305E5A-S01CA
8gb DDR3 667Mhz
AMD A6 3420m
6520g IGP
6470m GPU

At this moment I'm doing a system restore again which originally got me back to the desktop... I'm going to re-install CCC if I can get back into my desktop, if you have any ideas, please let me knoe ASAP.
UPDATE: I can boot into safe mode. I completely uninstalled everything AMD with DDU then rebooted to normal windows. I tried installing AND catalyst suite, it worked BUT the drivers didn't actually install. I tried installing the DevID.info drivers I have and they install, but I can only boot in safe mode without blue screening and getting SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION the computer boots fine with the drivers uninstalled besides the graphics... I will try to uninstall the drivers and redownload the driver(s) from DevID.info...

Solution
why doesn't reset work? Are you getting an error running it? Sounds like you running out of options

Since you getting to safe mode, I assume you using advanced start up? http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html. If so, try going into command prompt and typing this (needs to be exact spacing)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

It may not work but it would fix SFC and potentially reset

Is there anything on Laptop you want to save? try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

you probably need this as well: On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10...

Colif

Win 11 Master
why doesn't reset work? Are you getting an error running it? Sounds like you running out of options

Since you getting to safe mode, I assume you using advanced start up? http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html. If so, try going into command prompt and typing this (needs to be exact spacing)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

It may not work but it would fix SFC and potentially reset

Is there anything on Laptop you want to save? try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

you probably need this as well: On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

You might be best backing up everything on laptop and fresh installing win 10 as it should recognise your hardware, and a fresh install would speed up boot times again.

AMD doesn't use catalyst anymore, they moved onto Crimson drivers last year. I assume that is why you using custom drivers

Solution